Updates 11/17/2023: Ohio's Travel Industry and Current Travel Research
AAA NEWSROOM SHARES THANKSGIVING TRAVEL FORECAST
Key findings from AAA Newsroom, published Nov. 13:
- AAA projects 55 million travelers will head 50 miles or more from home between Nov. 22 and 26 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Compared to 2022, the travel forecast has increased 2%.
- It is forecasted that 49 million travelers plan to travel by automobile. This makes road travel the most popular way of travel for Thanksgiving in 2023, growing almost 2% from 2022-23.
MOST COMMON USES OF AI IN CREATING VIDEO CONTENT, HOW VIDEOS ARE USED AND WHERE THEY ARE POSTED
Key findings from Content Marketing Institute, published Nov. 8:
- Video has continued to be an important piece of marketing. In fact, in the last year alone 67% of marketers say video has become more important in their business.
- 77% of respondents said they use videos mostly for social media. Other uses included were:
- Branded stories like short films (61%).
- How-to videos (54%).
- Interviews with influencers (54%).
- As for which type is most effective, 54% of marketers say social media videos deliver some of their best results. But where are they posting these videos?
- 79% post to YouTube most often.
- 76% post to LinkedIn most often.
- 72% post to Facebook most often.
- 71% post to Instagram most often.
- 38% post for X (formally Twitter) most often.
- 28% post for TikTok most often.
- 69% of marketers say they produce videos in-house vs 21% who are outsourcing.
- Though AI is on top of most marketers’ minds, only one in five (or 18%) of marketers use AI to assist with video creation and one in three plan to use AI for video content in the next year.
- However, among those marketers who are using AI, they primarily use it for making video scripts (69%). Marketers report doing this because of its time saving abilities (84%).