Director of Sales & Services
Zanesville-Muskingum County Chamber of Commerce and CVB
Position: Director of Sales & Services
Reports to: CVB Director/VP Chamber of Commerce
The Director of Sales & Services will provide leadership and direct the sales and services efforts of the Zanesville-Muskingum County Convention and Visitors in conducting the following:
- Actively promote the Zanesville-Muskingum County area as a leisure, convention, meeting, seminar, trade show, sports and motor coach destination through personal contact, telephone calls, direct mail, sales blitzes, and industry trade shows.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Zanesville-Muskingum County area hotel/motel/meeting facilities/venues and attractions and maintain close contacts with their sales personnel for exchanging information and ideas.
- Develop, coordinate and implement strategies to ensure bookings of travelers – leisure, group, sports, and meeting.
- Inform organization/association executives of the type and extent of service provided by the convention and visitors bureau staff.
- Identify, recruit and encourage local people affiliated with various regional, national, and international organizations to hold future meetings in the Muskingum County area.
- Invite key decision makers to Zanesville-Muskingum County for site visits and familiarization tours.
- Maintain familiarity with competing areas that impact the Bureau’s ability to promote Zanesville-Muskingum County.
- Represent the Bureau at selected and targeted industry meetings and trade shows and follow-up on leads generated at these functions within 30 days with leads ranked.
- Serve on industry boards and committees as requested to gain exposure within the industry.
- In conjunction with the CVB Director produce annual marketing plan and work plan for Zanesville-Muskingum County Convention and Visitors Bureau outlining specifics sales and marketing objectives and priorities for participation in tradeshows, FAMs, etc.
- Conduct monthly tourism industry meetings to monitor the state of the local industry – who is traveling here, why are they traveling here, what are the needs of the industry. Submit recap to CVB Director.
- Establish specific goals and track performance. Meet monthly (at minimum) with CVB Director to assess achievement of goals.
- Develop various marketing pieces with the goal of attracting visitors to the area.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports on sales/services activity and performance. Insure their timely submission.
- Monitor the preparation and follow-up action and assess the effectiveness of all sales/services programs, including individual sales trips, attendance at industry meetings/trade shows, FAMs, sales blitzes, etc. and recommend follow-up action to CVB Director.
- Participates in various events that are spearheaded by the CVB including but not exclusive to – A Storybook Christmas and the Y Bridge Arts Festival.
- College degree preferred.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner; develop and implement comprehensive sales programs; motivate a group of volunteers of varying skills and personalities; and organize annual sales effort.
- Ability to work well with others and work well independently.
- Ability to use computer.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to create marketing materials and utilize social media for work related purposes.
Industry Associations and Organizations
- Maintains memberships and actively participates in meetings, conferences and trade shows related to position.
- Responsible for complete planning, execution and follow-up of certain projects as assigned by the CVB Director including but not limited to the timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
Other Relevant Aspects of Position
- Requires varied hours and travel for meetings, trade shows, etc. Weekend work and irregular hours may be required. Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel by air, drive a vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license throughout employment.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and execute familiarization tours, client events and trade shows in assigned market.
- Organize and schedule individual appointments on sales missions.
- Travel for sales calls, industry tradeshows and membership organizations required throughout the year.
- Perform sales prospecting, client development, lead production and maintenance of CRM.
- Participate and generate new business lead opportunities through industry events/tradeshows, sales calls and networking.
- Keep current on area venues and vendors (i.e., events, restaurants, attractions, etc.)
- Prospect for potential customers and events through industry-specific resources.
- Work closely with Zanesville - Muskingum County venues to educate them on market-specific priorities and needs.
- Effectively manage individual travel budget and report all expenses in a timely and accurate manner within Zanesville - Muskingum County CVB policy guidelines.
- Represent Zanesville - Muskingum County through active involvement in industry organizations (locally and out-of-market) at a leadership level.
- Adhere to auditing procedures.
- Travel to industry tradeshows, educational functions and sales trips to promote Zanesville - Muskingum County as a destination; to market-specific prospects and clients. Post tradeshow/appointments and follow-up through multiple marketing resources.
- Develop and maintain annual budget for travel, tradeshows, familiarization tours, sales travel/missions/blitzes, client events, etc.
- Provide account updates, trip reports and sales activity reports on a regular basis.
- Produce monthly newsletter and marketing materials to attract visitors to the area.
- Coordinate ad sales, production and development of annual visitors guide.
Please email resumes to Kelly Ashby at email@example.com