Updates for Ohio's Travel Economy - Week of Aug. 17
Reopening the Economy
PUBLIC HEALTH ORDER GOVERNING YOUTH, COLLEGIATE, AMATEUR, CLUB AND PROFESSIONAL SPORTS RELEASED
Ohio has released a public health order governing all sports events. This order supersedes previous orders regarding sports activities.
GOVERNOR DEWINE STATES MORE INFORMATION ON PERFORMING ARTS WILL BE COMING IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS
Governor Mike DeWine stated that there will be more information in the next couple of days on performing arts for both schools and professionals. He speculated that audiences may have to be moved back further in venues due to projection, and that the administration is working with scientists on this issue in the meantime.
INCONSISTENT AND EVER-CHANGING TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS IMPACTING DECISIONS TO TRAVEL (AND SPEND MONEY IN OUR COMMUNITIES)
Longwoods International released its weekly traveler sentiment survey today.
- The inconsistent and ever-changing travel restrictions and health protocols across cities and states is causing American travelers to be hesitant about traveling in the U.S.
- About half of U.S. travelers (52%) are aware of there are different restrictions regarding travel in various destinations they might visit, but they are unclear exactly what those restrictions are.
- About four in ten American travelers are aware that different destinations have instituted individual health protocols (mask and social distancing requirements, etc…), but they are confused about the precise protocols for destinations they are considering
- One in four American travelers aren’t even sure they would be welcome in the destination they are interested in visiting.
- Lack of clarity causes concern for personal safety, which causes hesitancy to travel…
- Stabilization continues along most key sentiment indicators.
- Travelers economic concerns about impacting decisions to travel remain low.
- A positive uptick occurred in those feeling comfortable dining and shopping locally (which is essential to getting people moving again).