Sales & Service Coordinator
The purpose of this position is to actively generate and engage leads for identified sales segments, coordinate and execute internal sales support strategies, manage all service elements and staffing for conventions, meetings and group travel and grow and support the Visit Canton volunteer program.
The basic functions and major activities which must be performed to carry out the purpose of the position include:
- Work with the VP of Sales and Sales Manager to assist in lead generation and engagement in identified sales segments
- Execute internal processes for the sales teams including coordinating sales events, site inspections and other identified sales activity
- Coordinate and execute requested services with meeting planners and groups
- Oversee the VolunteerStark platform for events service clients and coordinate with team members to share volunteer opportunities for partner events, street team activations, etc.
- Execute outreach and communication initiatives to grow VolunteerStark in both volunteer sign-up & event opportunities
- Manage pre-event client contact, post event client surveys and all other client specific service communications.
- Collaborate with the Creative Coordinator to contribute content regarding upcoming meetings, conventions and non-sporting events and to maintain and optimize listings for event venues on VisitCanton.com
Qualifications required to perform the duties of this position, include:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with Visit Canton team, clients and partners
- Excellent guest service skills
- In-depth organizational skills: demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands
- Strong leadership skills to train and oversee interns, volunteers, etc.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Preferred experience in database management, data maintenance, or CRM software
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, or similar field or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of one year of sales experience
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods of time, work in outdoor environments, lift/carry/pull up to 50 pounds
- Availability for occasional travel required for conferences, tradeshows, special events, and educational opportunities
- Some evenings and weekends required
- Hybrid office/home schedule
- 401K Match
- Life Insurance
- Vacation & earned PTO
The Stark County Convention & Visitors’ Bureau, d.b.a. Visit Canton, is funded by a lodging tax administered through the Stark County Commissioners. The organization’s mission is to promote travel to Stark County. Visit Canton facilitates operations that support a travel and tourism industry in Stark County that generates $1.9 billion dollars in sales. For more information visit www.VisitCanton.com