Marietta Chamber of Commerce
Marietta Chamber of Commerce President Job Description
8/26/2020 (Revision – Approved by Board of Directors)
The president is responsible to lead and manage Marietta Area Chamber of Commerce (MACC) staff to achieve strategic goals determined by the Board of Directors including finance, budgeting, coordination of all MACC activities, planning and implementation of MACC Code of Regulations, programs, and policies/procedures towards the accomplishment of its mission and strategic goals.
- Advocate for the business community; promote pro-business growth and support initiatives, policies and legislative efforts at the local state and federal levels that are pro-business and economic
- Sustain a financially viable organization through management of the approved annual budget and longer- term
- Ensure membership growth and development through recruitment, retention and new member welcoming and
- Develop and implement programs, policies and
- Provide leadership and direction to the staff and
- Provide leadership in the execution of the monthly Chamber Board of Directors board
- Oversight of all Chamber events throughout the year, providing assistance, leadership, and facilitation of events.
- Develop and implement branding, marketing and communication
- Perform duties by adhering to the Code of Regulations, strategic plan, and best use of time with committees.
- Collaborate with other community
- Initiative: To drive to act in a proactive way and anticipate future opportunities and problems and not simply thinking about the future or only reacting to current
- Leadership: The desire and ability to unite individuals, make them believe in themselves and in what they are doing, so they push their limits and are encouraged to
- Collaboration: The drive and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and other entities within the organization, demonstrating the commitment to achieve group objectives, understanding the needs and goals of others and adapting own views, behavior and objectives when
- Impact and Influence: The desire and ability to influence other people, either directly or by using appropriate third parties, in order to get their commitment to ideas, projects or
- Ability to recruit, develop, motivate and retain a strong, diverse staff in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to fundraise, develop revenue sources, understanding financial statements and manage a budget
- Ability to clearly define and manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated political acumen, and ability to relate to diverse groups of people in varied
- Knowledge of business operations and practices, and ability to understand and interact with businesses and business people of all sizes and
Works under the general supervision of the Board of Directors.
Has direct supervisory responsibility for the hiring and supervision of the MACC staff.
Works from the Marietta Area Chamber of Commerce office location.
- Travel in relation to MACC business.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline a
- Five or more years related experience working in an executive position with significant personnel, financial and strategic responsibility
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s/Advanced Degree a plus
Equal Employer Opportunity:
The Marietta Area Chamber of Commerce will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, familial status, genetic information, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, or any other protected class status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the Chamber may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
For consideration, please forward a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until Friday, September 18th.
For Additional details, please call MOVE at 740-373-6683.
You can also visit the Chamber webpage at: https://www.mariettachamber.com/