Digital Communications Manager
The Cleveland Museum of Art
The department of Communications and External Relations is seeking a Digital Communications Manager to oversee the development, implementation and day-to-day management of the museum’s digital communications strategy. This includes research, planning, asset and content development, execution and delivery, measurement, and evaluation for a multitude of digital communications channels. S/he will work to design and implement new approaches to communicating digitally with diverse communities, allowing for a multiplicity of perspectives and voices. This position will work closely with the Director of Communications and External Relations to develop strategies and tactics to best communicate the variety of programs and projects at The Cleveland Museum of Art.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or public relations from a four-year college or university; minimum five years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A successful candidate will demonstrate previous experience with developing visionary and impactful social media and digital communications strategies- knowledge that would elevate the museum’s digital marketing program to achieve and surpass institutional goals and deepen brand knowledge to a growing international and local audience base. Proficient in website content management systems and digital media production, including video editing is required.
- Works with the Director of Communications and External Relations to formulate and execute a digital communications strategy that is consistent and collaborative with the overall marketing and communications strategy for the museum.
- Researches, compiles information, presents ideas, writes, and updates the museum’s social media channels, website, blog, e-newsletter, and mobile applications.
- Develops other media (videos, photos, podcasts, etc.) for digital communications platforms.
- Partners with the museum’s Research and Evaluation Department to identify resources and manage tools to effectively measure and evaluate the reach, engagement and effectiveness of the museum’s digital communications.
- Partners with the museum’s Digital Innovation and Technology Services Department to manage website and other digital efforts. Oversees promotional strategy for website and updates website content.
- Serves as an account representative to all museum departments, providing an interface between these departments and the communications and marketing department. Works collaboratively with other communications and marketing staff members to service these requests.
Deadline to Apply: September 23, 2020
The Cleveland Museum of Art is an equal opportunity employer.