Group Sales Manager
Miami County Visitors & Convention Bureau
The Miami County Visitors & Convention Bureau is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to fill the role of Group Sales Manager. This person will be responsible for designing and implementing projects related to the group tour market, sports tourism market and leisure market activities. The ideal candidate is a personable, articulate, and organized team player that has excellent written and oral communication skills. A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in sales, marketing or a related field and experience with sales and marketing, social media marketing, networking, collaboration and relationship-building is highly desired. This individual must have reliable transportation and flexibility for travel related business, including some evenings and weekends. They must also be able to lift and carry cartons of brochures and visitor related publications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares annual budget for advertising/trade shows/travel for group tour events and sports tradeshows.
- Maintain working knowledge of the attractions and services available in the area to visitors.
- Maintain good working relationships with tourism partners, business community and government officials.
- Attend CVB, partnership functions and community events as needed to promote Miami County.
- Attend group tour and sports marketplaces and tradeshows approved in the budget and provides timely follow-up with operators, event organizers and group stakeholders.
- Make tour operator and event owner sales calls via in-person visits, emails and phone calls.
- Develop itineraries and coordinate tours between operators and area suppliers.
- Produce Package Travel Planner and Sports Travel Planner and maintain updated database and files of all contacts.
- Communicate with Miami County hotels and secure room blocks for various events in the area.
- Maintain books, minutes and notices for board of trustees.
- Special Projects as assigned.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Interested candidates should send their resume with cover letter to the Miami County Visitors & Convention Bureau, 405 SW Public Square, Suite 272, Troy, Ohio 45373 or via email to email@example.com