Visitor Information Specialist - Greater Columbus Convention Center
Provide visitors and clients with an extraordinary first impression of Experience Columbus and the Columbus destination. Greet visitors, answer and direct inbound calls; respond to questions and maintain visitor information resources, retail merchandise and administer visitor surveys.
1. Create a favorable visitor center experience for the visitor with the intent of increasing visitor enjoyment and engagement with the city's attractions:
- Provide an enthusiastic, friendly, and knowledgeable voice when answering the phone, responding to an email, or greeting a visitor
- Qualify in-person visitors, clients, or vendors to the Visitor Center, and direct or respond to them accordingly
- Add to the visitor experience by being acquainted with daily/weekly calendar of events, trade shows, and conventions information
- Produce monthly log and report aggregate visitor statistics, i.e. total visits, visitor calls, emails, packets, and visitor survey completions, etc.
- Create innovative ways to merchandise items in the Visitor Center to increase traffic:
- Handle point-of-sale for Columbus merchandise, souvenirs, and tickets to attractions. Process cash and credit card sales via cash register
- Maintain the orderliness and stock of supplies and literature in the reception area, the visitor center, and the storage closet. Order or request new brochures as directed
- Create new displays and sales ideas and tactics
- Update Team Communication Book on a daily, weekly, monthly basis for desk staff. Inform the weekend part time staff of trends or pertinent information related to visitors and calls
- Update the digital, window, and poster signage to reflect the day's activities
2. Respond daily to visitor email requests, letter requests and voice mail messages:
- Qualify, respond or forward to the appropriate staff person
- Respond to complex visitors' requests and situations through anticipating needs, empathy, offering solutions, and reducing their uncertainty.
3. Administer Experience Dedicated Destination (EDD) visitor surveys:
- Generate visitor survey completions on a daily basis
- Include visitor survey completions reminder in weekend updates to staff
- Report the total number of visitor survey completions for the week to manager every Monday
1. Attend Experience Columbus events after hours; represent the organization at community events
2. Build and maintain relationships with contacts at industry partners
3. Post on Experience Columbus Visitor Center Facebook
4. Take contact information from prospective member walk-ins for the membership department
5. Communicate upcoming convention center events to staff regularly
Experience Columbus is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information and to apply click here.