Visit Grove City
Summary: Visit Grove City is now recruiting for a full-time Marketing Director. The Marketing Director is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing strategies and programs.
- Responsible for the development and execution of comprehensive marketing plans, strategies, and campaigns and corresponding budget to promote Grove City to the tourism market.
- Manage implementation of digital strategy, which includes social, website, blog, digital advertising, email, and more. Keep up-to-date with industry trends.
- Represent Visit Grove City at industry meetings, local events, and conferences.
- Represent Visit Grove City at tradeshows, develop follow-up materials, track and respond to leads, and create recap reports after each tradeshow.
- Develop regular marketing reports outlining progress towards marketing goals and objectives and present to Executive Director and Board of Trustees.
- Identify best markets for group sales and develop experiential tourism product around those markets.
- Maintain website content, update calendar of events, and post blogs regularly. Knowledge of Wordpress a plus.
- Develop RFPs and lead or advise on selection process of outside vendors.
- Responsible for maintaining deadlines for all marketing initiatives.
- Plan and conduct familiarization (FAM) tours and site visits that sometimes require evening and weekend availability.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Become a Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) and facilitator through Experience Columbus; assist the Executive Director in facilitating the program for Grove City tourism partners and others throughout Central Ohio.
- Develop new partnerships and networking relationships while maintaining current relationships with industry partners to further Grove City’s tourism economy.
- Field a variety of inquiries regarding the Grove City area via phone, website, and walk-ins to visitors center.
- Assist with preparation of welcome bags for visitors to the area; procure items to include in welcome bags by working directly with local businesses.
- Assist with preparation and mailing of brochures, flyers, etc. as needed.
- Assist with general office duties, restock supplies, light cleaning, and other duties as assigned.
- Attend board meetings and committee meetings as requested.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain agency confidentiality standards.
- Must be able to work under short-term deadlines and work under stress.
- Must be a self-starter that can work both independently and under the direction of the Executive Director.
- Must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to prioritize tasks, handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally, visually, and in written form.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to walk, stand, and sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, and bend.
- Reading and writing proficiency in English is required.
- Must possess good common sense, reasoning, judgment, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Must be flexible and adaptable.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret data.
- Intermediate to advanced computer application skills in Microsoft Office and other enterprise software preferred.
- Some overnight travel and evening and weekend availability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university; and/or 3-4 years related experience or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required, preferably in marketing or communications
- Working knowledge of Grove City and the destination marketing industry preferred.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, résumé, and references in a PDF format to Amanda Davis, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Visit Grove City, The Grove City Area Convention and Visitors Bureau, is a private notfor-profit 501(c)6 organization and an equal opportunity employer.