Updates 09/08/2023: Ohio's Travel Industry and Current Travel Research
VISITING FRIENDS AND RELATIVES, TAKING A ROAD TRIP, VISITING A PARK AND GOING TO A CULTURAL/ARTS VENUE TOP THE LIST OF FALL TRIP ITINERARIES. A CLOSER LOOK AT HOW VISITS TO WINERIES, BREWERIES AND DISTILLERIES DRIVE VISITATION.
Key findings from Longwoods International, fielded Aug. 16:
- Americans planning to travel in the next six months remains high, 89% of Americans say they plan to travel in the next six months.
- With those planning to travel in the next six months:
- 22% say they will travel within 200 miles by car to see family and friends.
- 16% say they will travel more than 200 miles by car to see family and friends.
- 13% say they will travel by car within 200 miles just for a getaway.
- Top activities Americans plan to do on their fall trip include visiting family and friends (66%), taking a road trip (53%), visiting a national park, state park, or monument (39%) and visiting arts/cultural institutions (32%).
- Fears of inflation continue to impact decisions to travel, with 26% of Americans saying inflation will greatly impact their decision to travel in the next six months, moving up from 23% in July.
- Americans were asked to think back to an overnight trip where they went to at least one winery, distillery, or brewery tour in the last 12 months. Respondents said:
- Going to a winery, distillery or brewery tour was just one of many parts of my trip (36%).
- Going to a restaurant or bar that specialized in wine, beer or spirits was just one of many parts of my trip (34%).
- The main purpose of my trip was to go to more than one winery, distillery, or brewery tour (16%).
- The main purpose of my trip was to go to one specific winery, distillery, or brewery tour (14%).