Updates 07/08/2022: Ohio's Travel Industry and Current Travel Research
THOUGH RISING COST STILL CONCERNS AMERICAN TRAVELERS, CRIME-RELATED ISSUES ARE ALSO BEING ELEVATED
Key findings from Destination Analyst, fielded June 2022:
- American travelers continue to show mixed signals for sense of financial well-being.
- Half of travelers say the high travel prices have impacted their travel plans in the past month.
- 93% of travelers who said they planned to take a trip in the next 12 months has dropped to 86%.
- Americans still plan to travel during the fall with 25% planning to travel in September, and 21% in October.
- 43% of American travelers said they have elevated concerns about their safety when thinking of domestic travel:
- These concerns are most strong between Millennial and Gen Z travelers.
- When asked what these travelers top concerns were, 37% said theft and 34% said mass shootings.
- With negative COVID-19 test no longer being required to travel internationally, the likelihood of Americans traveling international jumped from 28% to 34% in the month of June.
INSTAGRAM OUTPACES OTHER PLATFORMS FOR ENGAGMENT AND CALLS TO ACTION FOR MUSEUMS, ZOO, ETC.
Key findings from IMPACTS Research, fielded July 6:
IMPACTS Research defines cultural organizations broadly, including museums, performance venues, zoos, aquariums, historic sites, etc.
- More people are engaging with cultural organizations online than before the pandemic. In comparison to 2019, when asked the question of what they have done in the past year in relation to a cultural organization:
- In 2019, 21% said they visited the website; in 2022, 30% said they visited the website
- In 2019, 15% followed social media; in 2022, 21% said they followed social media
- In 2019, 12% liked a social media post; in 2022, 19% liked a social media post
- In 2019, 16% noticed a news story; in 2022, 15% noticed a news story
- In 2019, 16% made a visit; in 2022, 14% made a visit
- In order of how visitors are engaging with cultural organizations as of Q2 of 2022:
- Instagram is 2.76 more times useful than Facebook
- Facebook is 1.2 times more useful than TikTok
- Tiktok is 1.5 times more useful than Twitter
- When asked what social media platforms sparked most people to buy a ticket, register for a lecture, join a group, or sign up for a newsletter, Instagram led once again.