The Miami Conservancy District is seeking professional staff to serve as the Great Miami Riverway Coordinator. This staff position will work with a coalition of local agencies to manage the Great Miami Riverway Placemaking Initiative. The goals of the Great Miami Riverway Placemaking Initiative are to develop and implement ongoing marketing, planning, and programming to:
• Increase use of recreational, historical, and cultural assets
• Attract more visitors
• Support economic development
• Strengthen river corridor neighborhoods
The Riverway Coordinator will provide strong, strategic leadership to achieve measurable results and continuous implementation of the Great Miami Riverway Placemaking Initiative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Implement the marketing and communication plan to attract visitors to the Great Miami Riverway. Represent and promote the Great Miami Riverway to local, regional, and national audiences.
• Network with diverse groups, including placemaking stakeholders, government officials, and the general public to recruit support for the Great Miami Riverway.
• Lead strategic discussions to create sustainable funding and pursue diverse funding opportunities including grants, sponsorships, and memberships.
• Work closely with the members of the Great Miami Riverway Coalition to reflect the Great Miami Riverway in their own marketing programs.
• Develop a multifaceted placemaking program for the Great Miami Riverway.
• Facilitate regular meetings of the Great Miami Riverway Coalition and committees, and assist with special events, socials, and gatherings of Riverway stakeholders.
• Design or coordinate design of materials to maintain, sustain and enhance the Riverway brand.
• Manage a strong, multi-platform, geo-targeted social media campaign that gathers and disseminates information about events and activities
• Coordinate with appropriate staff/coalition members and provide oversight on public
relations activities, including press release mailings and media follow up with story
• Manage ad and media buys and media projects including press releases and
announcements, generate storyline opportunities.
• Monitor and catalog all media coverage of activities across print, broadcast, and social
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The minimum requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Three – five years of relevant experience in planning, community development, public
administration, marketing, placemaking, urban/community design or related field, or any
combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (as listed above) required with a Master’s degree
• Familiar with desktop publishing software, such as InDesign;
• Photography and videography;
• Ability to manage time and diverse projects under deadlines while delivering quality
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse group of people including
elected officials, municipal staff, media, and the public;
• Conversant in social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Strong interpersonal skills to develop good working relationships at various levels;
• Strong public speaking skills and an ability to convey information in a clear and concise
manner to intended audiences;
• Strong writing skills.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• The employee normally works indoors in an office setting, occasionally outdoors. The
noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Salary commensurate with experience. For full job description please visit www.mcdwater.org. Individuals interested in this position should submit cover letter and resume to:
Shannon Phelps, Manager of Administration
Miami Conservancy District
38 East Monument Avenue Dayton, OH 45402
Phone (937) 223-1271
Fax (937) 226-1592
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Miami Conservancy District is an Equal Opportunity Employer