Belmont County Tourism
The Executive Director, also known as the Tourism Director, is the primary person in charge of the Belmont County Tourism, Inc. office. This person is to promote tourism in the area, educated the local public as to the value and importance of tourism to our area and promote the development of tourism-related businesses. The Executive Director is hired by and reports to the Belmont County Tourism Council, Inc. Board of Directors.
Interested applicants should send resumes to Barbara Ballint at email@example.com
Specific duties include:
- Responsible for the administrative operating and marketing functions of the office.
- Develop and supervise implementation of an annual operating and marketing plan for the office
- Oversee the day to day operation of the office.
- Coordinate efforts with stakeholders and partners to enhance the tourism industry in the area.
- Implement the Belmont County tourism council GAP Grants as well as the Belmont County Museum Grants.
Board of Directors
- Responsible for communication to the board of directors through memos director's reports drawing monthly board meetings and quarterly reports to the Belmont County commissioners.
- Attend all meetings of the board of directors.
- Responsible for hiring directing and supervising all employees of the office
- Interview and hire candidates for positions in the Belmont County tourism office.
- Write annual reports of performance four employees.
- Formulate and direct the marketing advertising sales and promotion programs
- Develop and supervisor campaigns that promote Belmont County as a visitor’s destination, promoting leisure, business, and group travel.
- Represent Belmont County as a visitor’s destination at travel trade shows and expos.
- Collaborate with surrounding visitor centers to create new tourism programs and promote the existing tourism attractions more fully.
- Seek opportunities to present about the tourism industry in Belmont County. History
- Organize and preside over quarterly tourism meetings with area Chamber of Commerce offices and county museums.
- Create campaigns for annual National Tourism Week.
- Responsible for the preparation of an annual operating budget encompassing all activities and operations of the office which shall be subjected to review and approval of the board of directors.
- Ensure that accurate monthly financial reports and annual audit reports Are presented and approved by the board of directors and county commissioners.
- Actively participate in statewide programs including annual and monthly meetings.
- Attend annual tourism conferences.
- Network with other tourism directors. Stay educated on tourism trends.
- Represent the tourism office at state regional and local functions.
- Represent the Belmont County Tourism Council on local boards.
Qualified Candidate should posses:
- Degree in Business Administration and/or Marketing preferred, but not required.
- Experience in tourism and/or hospitality industry preferred, but not required
- Strong background in marketing
- Background in Public relations
- Must possess leadership, supervisory and organization skills
- Experience with advertising
- Knowledge of strategic planning, budgeting, administrative office functions
- Proven track record for being a motivated, creative and an independent thinker and problem solver
- In-depth written and oral communication skills required
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Must have a passion for Belmont County and tourism related attractions activities and events
- Proven track record of building and maintaining relationships
- Experience with social media