Tourism Services Coordinator
Union County CVB
Position: Tourism Services Coordinator
Organization: Union County Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB)
Reports to: Tourism & Marketing Director
The Tourism Services Coordinator assists in executing the Union County CVB business plan and daily operations of the CVB. This position supports marketing and tourism programs, projects and efforts related to the leisure, group tour, sports tournament, special event and meetings markets.
- Tourism Services
- Assist with the execution of the CVB business plan.
- Assist with the sales, service, development and execution of activities and events associated with the leisure, group tour, sports tournament, wedding, reunion, special events and meetings markets.
- Maintain a well-informed working knowledge of the attractions and services available in the area to visitors.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the business community, tourism partners, government officials, and community organizations.
- Become proficient and maintain accurate records of all activity in Simpleview, the CVB’s CRM software.
- CVB Events
- Work with the director to plan the annual tourism breakfast and industry-related workshops.
- Assist with the planning and operation of the Dine on a Covered Bridge dinners and special events in Union County.
- Assist in developing a volunteer program to support committees, events, and market-related activities.
- Attend CVB, Union County Chamber of Commerce and partnership functions as a formal representative of the CVB.
- Attend community events as needed, to promote Union County.
- Administrative/CVB Support
- Manage meeting communications and minutes, as well as lend support to the CVB board and special event planning committees.
- Assist with collateral fulfillment and general office duties.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Visitors Center
- Support the efforts of Union Station (the CVB’s visitors center).
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent from four-year college or university in sales, marketing, or related field.
- Professional experience in sales, marketing, special event planning or related industry.
- Superior time management, organizational, problem-solving and multitasking skills.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office applications, email marketing software and general information technology.
- Experience with and understanding of social media outlets and marketing tactics.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends and travel, as required.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Karen Eylon at firstname.lastname@example.org.