Guest Experience Associate
Greater Cleveland Aquarium
Reports to: Guest Experience Lead
General Summary of Job Duties
Guest Experience Associates are responsible for ensuring guests have a fun and educational experience at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium. Daily activities include rotating through key positions ranging from welcoming guests, to educating guests of all ages about fresh and salt water animals, assisting them in the purchase of a ticket or annual pass to leading school tours through the Aquarium and conducting animal encounters. This is a part-time position (28-29 hours/week).
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Welcome all guests and assist in their entry with a ticket purchase or through the use of their annual pass.
- Graciously direct and facilitate traffic through the Aquarium, efficiently handling crowds and the logistics associated with their control.
- When cashiering, accurately input ticket information and balance all receipts at the end of each shift.
- Operate computer based ticketing system.
- Provide guests with information on Aquarium animals, exhibits and daily programs.
- Promote annual passes, educational programs, birthday parties and other Aquarium programs to guests.
- Conduct education tours for class visits.
- Act as party host for birthday parties, conduct VIG tours and facilitate special Aquarium programs
- Assist with customer care, including but not limited to: first aid, fire evacuations and lost and found.
- Maintain the safety, cleanliness and organization of all work and break areas, both in view of the general public and behind the scenes
- Maintain constant interaction with our guests to ensure an excellent visitor experience
- Conduct guest surveys.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance to all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Arriving on-time for all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned by Guest Experience Lead or General Manager.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Manage staff effectively with timely reviews and address performance issues.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- TEAM WORK
- Share and explain information.
- Involve managers and employees in business development decisions and cost savings initiatives.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Positive, fun, and optimistic personality
- Must be comfortable working in a high energy environment with heavy public contact.
- Must be able to count and verify revenue, and have consistently accurate cash handling abilities.
- Ability to maintain courteous manner, be flexible and solve problems under a variety of circumstances
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Must enjoy the team environment and interaction with coworkers and guests
- Must be committed to providing enthusiastic customer service at all time
- Interest in learning about the Aquarium’s animals, exhibits and programs.
- Minimum of one-year in hospitality/tourist based operation preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
- Must be willing to become certified in First-Aid, CPR and in AED usage.
- Requires contact with public, rotating shifts,
- Required to carry a radio.
- Required to wear an approved Greater Cleveland Aquarium uniform during working hours.
Required Work Cards
- Identification that establishes identity.
- Identification that establishes the right to work in the United States.
Machinery, Work Equipment, Programs, Software, Hardware Used
- PC with Office Suite of programs
Applicants should send a resume to Erin Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more, visit http://greaterclevelandaquarium.com/about/careers-internships/.