Ohio Magazine, produced by Great Lakes Publishing Company, seeks an account manager to handle the Northwest Ohio, Lake Erie Islands and Michigan markets. This candidate will be responsible for prospecting, selling and maintaining accounts for our printed and digital communications solutions.
Our current product mix includes printed advertising, digital advertising on our owned media, programmatic advertising, website development and custom publishing. We are looking for a marketing savvy person who is driven by developing great relationships in the market. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, creative, motivated, organized and possess the skills necessary to communicate and work well with our staff and our clients.
- Prospect for advertising and contract communication services.
- Attend industry events and network.
- Coordinate advertisers' needs with Great Lakes Publishing policies, procedures and special programs and issues, to explain rates, contractual and business requirements, technical capabilities and to encourage prompt payment of open accounts.
- Write proposals and negotiate contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; (Degree preference in business, communication, advertising, marketing or related field)
- Media (print, radio, digital or TV) sales or similar sales field experience required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to take and overcome criticism/rejection
- Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Must work well in a deadline-driven environment
Send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org