Heart of Ohio Magazine, produced by Great Lakes Publishing Company seeks an account executive to handle the Mid-Ohio market. This candidate will be responsible for prospecting, selling and maintaining accounts for our printed and digital communications solutions.
Great Lakes Publishing also produces Ohio Magazine, Cleveland Magazine, LongWeekends, Lake Erie Living and more than 100 client publications, website & mobile apps each year. We are looking for a person who can help us manage this growth with the same commitment to client service and quality for which we are known. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, creative, motivated, organized and possess the skills necessary to communicate and work well with our staff and our clients.
- Prospect for advertising and contract communication services.
- Attend community events and network.
- Coordinate advertisers' needs with Great Lakes Publishing policies, procedures and special programs and issues, to explain rates, contractual and business requirements, technical capabilities, and to encourage prompt payment of open accounts.
- Write proposals and negotiate contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; (Degree preference in Business, Communication, Advertising, Marketing or related field)
- Media (print, radio or TV) sales or similar sales field experience required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to take and overcome criticism/rejection
- Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Must work well in a deadline-driven environment
- Commercial printing and/or digital advertising sales experience is a plus
Send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com