Education and Events
2017 Focus on Tourism Workshops
Thank You Education Sponsors!
Digital Advertising Workshop
The digital age has triggered a complete overhaul in the approach to travel. Internet travel booking revenue has grown by more than 73% over the past five years to reach a staggering 57% of all travel booking. Digital travelers have a virtually unlimited amount of opportunities to inspire his or her next trip. They don’t see channels, devices and publishers – they just see their perfect holiday or next adventure.
In this interactive session hosted by Advance360, the curtain is pulled back on the great mysteries surrounding the ever-changing landscape of digital marketing with special focus in the world of travel and tourism. Tips and suggestions help your brand leverage the power of content, channels and data in ways that drive your business.
Dates and Locations:
July 12, 9:30 am to 2:30 pm at National Underground Railroad Freedom Center (Cincinnati)
July 13, 9:30 am to 2:30 pm at Hyatt Place at The Yard in Grandview (Columbus)
July 18, 9:30 am to 2:30 pm at Greater Cleveland Aquarium (Cleveland)
OTA Members: $60
In This Session, Attendees:
Learn the Building Blocks of a Digital Strategy
With digital advertising, destination marketers access deep insight into their target audience to go beyond traditional demographic targeting and view travelers’ intentions. Whether it’s videos viewed, searches, or content engaged with across the web, these activities send strong signals about whether a travel researcher could become your customer.
- Highlight Ohio Travel Industry Survey Results
- Using free research tools to guide digital media planning
- Applying the mobile-first mindset
Discover Ideal Ways to Integrate Social Media and Content Marketing
Social Media and Social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram are becoming increasingly influential in inspiring today’s traveler.
- Facebook/Instagram Advertising – capabilities, audience targeting, and using your customer list
- The Art and Science of Storytelling – tips for developing a great content strategy and content promotion
- Find and Leverage Influencers – integrate influencers into your social media strategy
Identify and Leverage Intent Acceleration
Each consumer or traveler follows a path from awareness through conversions. Learn how you can identify people in each of their decision stages and accelerate their progression through the decision process. Your website, social audiences, CRM data and more provide many clues on where people are in this journey, what they want next and how to hold their hand through the process.
In this session,
- Discuss the decision journey
- Explore how your data pinpoints where your customers are in their journeys
- Discover how to build custom audiences to represent your decision stages
- Learn how to connect effective creative messaging to influence progression toward conversion
- Create look-a-like audiences to increase awareness among new audiences
- Apply a frequency model to fuel your Intent Acceleration model
Introduction to Google Analytics
Many marketers struggle to connect the impact of marketing efforts on actual business results. In this session learn how media, marketing and financial metrics all connect to tell this story. Your website performance metrics (Google Analytics) are the linchpin to connect your marketing to your business.
In this session, understand...
- Where is your traffic coming from geographically?
- What is driving your traffic? (which channel)
- What content/pages are your visitors interested in?
- How is your website trending in these areas?
- Data to find your highest value audiences on social media
- Finding more people who look like your current customer
- Target your current customers with more travel-related products most relevant to their recent purchases
Kami Kennedy - Account Director, Advance360
Kami Kennedy is a sales and marketing professional with more than 19 years of in-depth experience in broadcast and digital media industries. Kami has managed multi-million dollar budget initiatives and achieved market leader status in mid-major and major markets during her years in radio and digital advertising. Kami currently works with tourism clients both in Michigan and nationally, and is active in several Michigan Tourism Associations, including TICOM and MLTA, where she plays an active role on the planning committee for the annual Governor’s Conference on Tourism.
Tim Baumgardner - Director of Digital Strategy, Content Marketing and Social Media, Advance360
Tim Baumgardner has more than 25 years of experience in the traditional, digital and integrated marketing space. Having worked on the brand side (Meijer, Coca-Cola) and on the agency side (Promotional Media Management, MLive Media Group), Tim is able to craft marketing strategies that deliver ROI affecting the bottom line. While at Meijer, Tim pioneered social media policy for the 200+-store retailer, including determining brand standards for engagement, crafting employee social media guidelines, and outlining crisis protocols. Since moving to MMG in 2012, Tim has continued his focus on social media innovating with paid newsfeed ads, Facebook Live videos, polls and contests, 360-degree photos, and more. Tim has also led the content marketing efforts for MMG by aligning content creation with SEO principles, web UX, and promotional marketing. The results: storytelling strategies that deliver measurable results for clients. Tim actively works on various travel and tourism-related campaigns for clients around the Midwest and Florida, targeting prospective business and vacation travelers nationally and internationally.
Jeff Leitch - Director of Digital Strategy, Advance360
Jeff Leitch is an expert in advertising, experienced in media, and passionate about marketing. He has more than 16 years in the industry across creative, cable, radio, sales, management, digital and more. Jeff is led by a mission to connect marketing dollars invested to the cash register ringing. He is an analytical visionary that loves a great spreadsheet as much as a craft beer and acoustic guitar.