The Destination Specialist will provide visitors and clients with an extraordinary impression of Experience Columbus and the Columbus destination. The Destination Specialists are deployed as needed and have three primary responsibilities: to provide visitor information, to provide staffing at conventions and other events, and generate visitor survey completion.
1. Staff information tables, booths, and visitor centers when needed.
- Greet visitors via telephone, email, and in person; answering and directing calls; responding to questions; anticipating needs; and maintaining visitor information resources
- Provide a friendly and knowledgeable voice when answering questions via phone, email, or in person
- Determine visitor interests and suggest suitable attractions, dining, lodging, and shopping in an attempt to create a superb experience and to increase visitor spending and room night
- Anticipate visitor needs and provide insider tips for experiencing Columbus
- Use tools such as the Experience Columbus Visitor Guide and tablets to provide visitors with answers and literature
- Maintain the orderliness of the work space, whether a table, booth or visitor center
- Perform other duties as requested
2. Staff registration tables at conventions and other events as needed.
- Responsibilities vary depending on the convention, but generally include:
- Work with convention clients
- Greet convention attendees
- Register and check in convention attendees and provide them with convention information
- Hand out convention supplies
- Other duties as assigned by convention or Experience Columbus staff
3. Administer Experience Dedicated™ Destination (EDD) visitor surveys:
- Generate visitor survey completions
Education and Experience:
- Professionalism in communicating with the public
- Excellent customer service skills
- Abundant and continuing knowledge of Greater Columbus, its attractions, events and activities; and construction
- Telephone etiquette
- Ability to work without supervision
- The organization requires all employees to obtain and maintain their Certified Tourism Ambassador™ (CTA) designation
- Basic computer and troubleshooting skills including internet search and use of a tablet device
- Visitor Center workers must complete four hour training and follow up assessment with the POS register system
Available shifts for this position are flexible; the Destination Specialists are only deployed at conventions or events as needed. Certain months may need dozens of shifts, and certain months have none. The majority of the shifts for this position occur during the day on weekdays and weekends. Total hours per year can range from 40 - 300.
Experience Columbus is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.