Visitor Experience Manager
Butler County Visitors Bureau
The Visitor Experience Manager is responsible for managing the visitors’ experience to include overseeing the BCVB visitor centers ensuring that they are providing the highest standards of customer experience for visitors and the management of the BCVB Tourism Ambassador program. The Visitor Experience Manager strives to develop excellence and improvements in customer experience at all times, and to act as the Visitor Champion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a well-informed, working knowledge of the attractions and services available in the area to visitors; acts as a liaison between these entities and the visitor.
- Ensures that all inquiries from mail, e-mail, walk-in, Donut Trail and telephone receive prompt and courteous responses.
- Supervises the dissemination of information designed to influence the buying decision of potential visitors
- Ensures that the BCVB is well maintained and stocked with brochures and other informational materials; gathers event information for the BCVB.
- Oversee collateral distribution at all hotels, visitor centers, attractions, and county business distribution points as well as major regional distribution locations.
- Research and participate in leisure consumer shows to assist the Bureau in selling the destination and its brand.
- Develops specialized visitor information as needed.
- Coordinates off-site visitor information booths for special events.
- Oversees the recruiting, training and supervising tourism ambassadors, volunteers and assists with intern program when needed
- Coordinates all mailings with respect to Butler County Visitor Guides, Maps, Donut Trail T- Shirts and other Butler County promotional materials.
- Prepare budgetary recommendations, monitor, reconcile and evaluate expenditures.
- Maintains orderliness and good working order of the office, manages outside support services
- Maintains a cohesive working relationship with all other Bureau personnel to ensure a unified and effective promotional effort.
- Record visitor information and inquiries into Bureau database and generate reports.
- Submit visitor experience information timely for monthly Board reports and weekly staff meetings.
- Update partner records in Simpleview CRM system
- Order office supplies for the Bureau. Maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Responsible for all duties assigned by the Director of Marketing.
- Four-year degree from an academic institution
- Good communication skills; excellent telephone manner and writing skills
- Task orientated with attention to detail
- Strong customer service and business etiquette skills
- Able to deal effectively with the public
- Excellent knowledge of office computer software including Access, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of the tourism industry a plus
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com