National Sales Manager
Promote and sell Columbus as a convention and meeting destination to associations, corporations and organizations within assigned market segments. Achieve specific annual individual and team room night and lead convention sales quotas.
- Generate convention center facility and hotel leads and bookings for assigned market segments to secure leads and book business. Assigned market segments are defined as accounts assigned to your market with more than 550 rooms on peak night.
- Generate room night and convention center leads and bookings to achieve or exceed annual goals.
- Implement ongoing strategic prospecting plan.
- Manage all aspects of the sales and bid process.
- Secure, prioritize and work targeted prospecting lists, establishing and exceeding weekly prospecting goals. Document all activity in Simpleview.
- Attend tradeshows, sales missions, networking meetings and local meetings to solicit convention business.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the member facilities, attractions and services available in the area to customers and act as liaison between those entities and the customer.
- Arrange and coordinate site inspections to bring in groups of prospective customers.
- Support marketing efforts to promote destination:
- Interact with marketing department to create initiatives geared towards specific markets to generate interest in Columbus as a destination.
- Create and coordinate unique customer events in market with member support that are designed to attract clients in an effort to promote Columbus.
- Maintain familiarity with competing areas or issues that impact Experience Columbus’ ability to market Columbus effectively.
- Maintain memberships with select organizations.
- Interact with clients through social media tools.
- Assist the Convention Services Department to effectively service groups scheduled to meet in the area:
- Pre-convention meetings with customers and appropriate representatives of local organizations involved in servicing the group.
- On-site visits and/or exhibitor welcomes to conventions in progress.
- Manage and maintain all assigned accounts in Simpleview.
- Manage budget for assigned tradeshows/events.
Education and Experience:
- A four year degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Three years of experience in hotel and/or convention bureau sales is preferred.
- The organization requires all employees to obtain and maintain their Certified Tourism Ambassador™ (CTA) designation.
Competencies and Skills:
- Exceptional customer service skills with a track record of exceeding expectations.
- Proven relationship building skills with clients.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and demonstrate accountability.
- Goal oriented.
- Ability to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
- Demonstrated written and oral presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and related software applications, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity of a sales database system and the ability to assist in all aspects of database management and reporting.
- Ability to travel, attend local, state, national events on evenings and/or weekends.