Director of Marketing
Dayton Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for directing and executing the following projects and activities:
- Responsible for production of annual marketing plan working in collaboration with the Director of Sales and Director of Communications and PR outlining specific sales and marketing objectives including a digital marketing plan, and priorities for participation in tradeshows, media placement, FAMs, etc.
- Participate in annual budget process and daily management of marketing budget.
- Actively promote the use of the Dayton/Montgomery County area as a convention, sports, meeting, tradeshow, motor coach tour group and leisure travel destination. Utilize research to make information-based marketing decisions for implementation of advertising placement for inclusion in most appropriate print, radio, TV and social media.
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships and cooperative campaigns to promote Dayton/Montgomery County as a convention, sports and leisure destination.
- Hire, train and supervise Digital Marketing/Content Manager for collaboration on best digital placement for greatest market penetration.
- Develop tradeshow marketing strategies for all shows/all markets.
- Ensure the Dayton CVB brand is woven into all communications, advertising, and promotions to create brand awareness.
- Keep hotels appraised of various marketing programs and their timing for potential co-op opportunities.
- Maintain monthly equivalency reports on all social media, website promotions and advertising.
- Review and recommend potential TourismOhio co-op marketing opportunities.
- Responsible for solicitation of bids and production of CVB-produced collateral materials, videos, etc.
- Hire vendors, (website, videographer, etc.). Responsible for all monitoring of the vendor’s work and follow-up on programs instituted.
- Understand and demonstrate excellent project management skills.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: College undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in area related to marketing, with hospitality sales/marketing emphasis.
Skills: A high degree of written and verbal communication skills, in addition to effective listening skills. Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to establish priorities.
Industry Associations and Organizations: Maintains memberships and actively participates in meetings, conferences and tradeshows related to position.
Markets: In conjunction with Director of Sales, responsible for development and monitoring of all sales markets. Progress/success based on specific goals determined on an annual basis.
Budget: Responsible for administering budget for marketing department.
Projects: Responsible for complete planning, execution and follow-up of certain projects as assigned by the President & CEO including but not limited to the timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual marketing reports.
Finance Department: Cooperate in following policies and procedures necessary in order to maintain sound fiscal controls including but not limited to the timely and accurate submission of expense reports by marketing staff.
Other Relevant Aspects of Position: Requires overtime and varied hours and travel for meetings, tradeshows, etc. Weekend work and irregular hours may be required.
Ability to travel by air, drive a vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license throughout employment.